Tuesday, January 23, 2007

External links on the Dumaguete website

Maintaining a website can be challenging and frustrating.I want to keep the site fresh with links to keep the visitors entertained.Sometimes in this effort,I will include links to sites that are outside of my control.This is the case with the Live Radio link on the index page and ,of course,most of the blogs on the Blogosphere page.The radio link doesn't always do as it should and I'm still having problems with the negrosislandonline blog.I'm going to wait until this weekend before I decide about removing them.The Internet is wonderful but sometimes it seems like it has a life of it's own.

2 comments:

Olga said...

To RTS,

Hi there, thank you for dropping by my blog. i made an earlier comment but not sure if it got through. anyhow, just want you to know that you are absolutely right about not letting other people push our buttons.

my outrage partly came from my shock, not having been treated that way by anybody my entire life. all my friends are similarly shocked at that display of arrogance ... we can only shake our heads.

not all Filipinos can be dumped in the same category as the kind of
people THAT PERSON must be used to dealing with here in our country.

some of us give out courtesy and respect to our guests, and we expect the same!

i am coming out with the same article in my column in MetroPost this coming Sunday.

i am sure some of your fellow Americans will be reading it. i hope most will be as broadminded as you are, recognizing that my indignation is confined to my person alone, not against the entire community.

Olga said...

correction: my indignation is confined to THAT person alone.