Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sending text messages to Dumaguete

I want to say from the beginning that this is not an advertisement.I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for this post. I am merely expressing my opinion.Anyone who has had any contact with someone in Philippines knows of the widespread use of text messaging as a means of communication.Unlike in the U.S., text messaging in Philippines is relatively cheap......especially compared to what they'd have to pay to call and talk to someone.One of the best ways for people in other countries to stay in daily contact with friends and loved ones in Philippines is to send messages from your home PC to their cell phone in Philippines. I highly recommend to everyone that they go to chikka.com and download their messenger.We've been using it for years and are very pleased with the speed and reliability. I know that there are other messengers that you can use and I'm sure they work very well but I am very familiar with this one and have no complaints with this company.It's a lot cheaper than international long distance phone calls and since they don't have to be in an Internet cafe, you can chat more often.It's free from the PC side and the rate for the cell phone user is reasonable.

1 comment:

Corey said...

Thanks for the tip. Marilyn got all of the messages I sent via this service, so I'd say it works quite well for the price ;)