Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Dumaguete website becoming relevant?

Whenever I do a search of Dumaguete blogs,the search results I find are divided into "date" or "relevance".This blog has finally shown up in the "relevance" area. Having it listed by date was not such an accomplishment;I could get there by merely posting something every day.It pleases me to see this new result.
I wish I could take all the credit; after all, I have done quite a bit of work on the web site and blogs,but some of the credit has to go to Corey of an-american-in-dumaguete . He has been very helpful and encouraging.He's given me several tips on how I can improve the site's ranking.
I'm also very grateful for the visitors to this blog and to those who've visited the website as well.Seeing all the hits I'm getting from around the world keeps me optimistic about the site's future. I'm looking forward to 2007 and I hope to improve the web site through out the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here I go with the Dumaguete Dreamin' again ;)

I wish I understood how the search engines worked...even for a second. Blogger seems a bit easier to understand, but only because it deals with blogs...and only blogs. There are supposedly certain rules for blogs, while websites in general are more complex. I'm not sure how your DumagueteCity.net site is doing these days, but this blog appears to be ranking higher (about 36 on Google for "dumaguete").

Blogs are content machines, and therefore provide more opportunities to "convince" the search engines your site is relevant for various search phrases.

Fun stuff! ;)

Anonymous said...

hey.. i know the kids in the picture... they're my cousins... heheheh! i assume you're cathy's hubby... please say my hello to cathy and your wonderful child...