Saturday, November 18, 2006

Email


We've received our first unsolicited email to the dumaguete city account.We've gotten emails before but those were the result of emails we sent out or ad put up in Internet cafes in Dumaguete.
It was from someone who came across the site by surfing the web. The writer didn't say exactly how it happened but I think it was because he found Corey's an-american-in-Dumaguete  blog and then finding the link to our site in his blog.
The email was complimentary and was happy to get it.
Not long afterwards we received our first spam and scam email. Quess you have to put up with the bad with the good.
I'm trying to find out more about Internet cafes in Dumaguete......not getting responses though. The lack of penpal responses is discouraging too. My goal is for the site to be the first item on a google search. It's difficult to judge how far we are from that.The site is young and I'm learning more every day.

3 comments:

Corey said...

Hello there...

I'm guessing they found your site on Blogger, since you're near the top for "dumaguete". Is there any way to ask that directory to point to this URL instead: http://directory.classifieds1000.com/Georgia/dumaguete

That way, people wouldn't have to scroll, and I'm sure you'd get many more inquiries. Currently, the link that appears on Blogger lists several Georgia-related sites before your Dumaguete site, as you probably know.

Anyway, good luck with all of this!

Robert Simms said...

Hi Corey,
The guy who sent the email lead me to think he was searching with the yahoo search engine.....not the blogs.As for the directory; I've tried to get it changed but can't.I want be using that directory again. perhaps I should remove their link from the Dumaguete site. It's a bit confusing being in the Georgia travel area.

Corey said...

Hey...your dumaguetecity.net site has a #10 ranking on Google for "dumaguete city". I don't know if you have any way to track your current visits and such, but I would recommend Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/). It just requires pasting some code into the pages you want to track. Oh, and it's free. I just set up an account last night and have already had visitors from Philippines, Australia, Mexico and Germany (oh, and a few from the U.S., to). It's very interesting for sure :)