Friday, January 02, 2009

Ad Affiliates on the Dumaguete Website.

There are, basically, two different types of ads placed on the dumaguetecity.net websites; Google adsense ads and those that I am affiliated with through two companies specializing in connecting advertisers with web publishers.

Of the two types, the Google adsense has proven to be more lucrative. I haven't received a lot of money from the affiliate ads.

I've tried to affiliate the web site with advertisers which might be used by those looking at a "foreign" site. Most of the visitors to the site are from outside Dumaguete and it seemed logical to me to have ads on the site for long distance phone providers, hotel, travel and money transfer.

Of these, only one company has proven to get hits (and money)....Gorilla Mobile.
Because it was generating income, I placed their ad on several of my web pages.
Now, I've received word that Gorilla Mobile has been dropped from my list of advertisers. No reason was given. Perhaps they thought I wasn't providing enough customers. It's possible that they may have been disconnected from Link Share.

Whatever the reason, the result was that I had to edit several pages this morning to take the Gorilla Mobile ads off the web site.
These were replaced with Xoom ads. Let's hope Xoom proves to be a winner.

No comments: