Monday, January 19, 2009

Using GIMP on the Dumaguete Website.

As I wrote in my last post, [New Template for the Dumaguete Website Blog.] I'm always looking for ways to improve my blogs and the Dumaguete website.

Yesterday, I redid quite a few of the images on the index page, as well as the Hotels and Resorts page.

Obviously, I think it's an improvement over what I had previously. I didn't like the written text under each of the photos.

Just how long I'll be happy with this version remains to be seen.

One aside: for some reason, the new Street Map jpg isn't loading fast enough. That, however, is more a problem with the server and not the image.

2 comments:

ness said...

hi, robert,

thanks for including me in your blogosphere page!

it's amazing that a non-dumagueteno like you has chosen to write and make a website about this beloved city.

keep on!

Robert Simms said...

Hi Ness,
I prefer to think of myself as an honorary Dumagueteno.