Sunday, February 14, 2021

What's With All These Mango Shakes?

After posting a link on MeWe of another blog post on mango shakes, someone asked why it seemed like all my posts are about shakes. I hope that this blog post will properly explain my reason for doing so.

I currently have three blogs - this one, dumaguetewebsite.blogspot.com - robertsimms.blogspot.com and sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken.blogspot.com.

Since it's creation, sorryalltheclevernamesaretaken has been my blog of first choice. Over time, I have published most often there. It's a general, all purpose blog. I'll publish posts on politics, music, the books I'm reading and just about anything that interests me. A few months back, that blog was banned from Facebook. I'm told that it goes against "community standards". I don't see how that's possible and I suspect there are other reasons behind that banishment.

The banning of that blog by Facebook led to the creation of robertsimms.blogspot.com, where I'll write pretty much the same as I do on the banned blog. I have no problem posting links to it on Facebook.

Dumaguetewebsite.blogspot.com was originally created to chronicle the trials and tribulations of a now defunct website - dumaguetecity.net. It has evolved into a blog centered around life in and around the provincial capital of Negros Oriental, Dumaguete city.

I've recently taken to posting links to these blogs onto MeWe. Because two of my blogs are about general subject matter - and not specifically about life in Philippines, I'll post links to these on my personal page only.

Because my Dumaguete blog (obviously) has references to Philippines, I'll post links to that blog onto my "Life in Philippines" page, as well as the "Philippine Travel Hacks" page. I'm currently in the middle of a series of "mango shake" posts. These will include a photo of the mango shake, usually a photo of the eatery and a map showing the location of the cafe.

In normal times, I might be publishing posts on different events in the area - parades, fiestas. However, these are not normal times. COVID has put a serious dent in those sorts of events.

I suppose I could intersperse within the blog, a series on the number of antique, Volkswagen Beetles I've come upon and photographed in and around Dumaguete. I'll give that some thought.

No comments: