Friday, February 26, 2021

Mango Shake at the Big Tree Hive.

There was a time, pre-COVID, when once a week I would meet with a small group of Americans living around Dumaguete and we'd have breakfast. Normally, we would meet in a different cafe each week, but for several weeks running, rather than move about, we would get together at the Senorita's Mexican Grill located at the Dumaguete airport.

Arriving early one morning, I thought I'd visit the cafe next door to Senorita's and have a mango shake while I waited.

I must say, the shake I had there was superior. I would rate it as high as my favorite - the mango shake at Don Roberto's, and at 65 pesos, the price is much better than the 90 pesos charged for a shake at Senorita's.

Although the cafe has obviously been around for a long time, I couldn't find the name of the cafe posted anywhere. I even checked the menu and it wasn't to be found. I had to ask the waitress for the name of their establishment. She told me it was called Big Tree Hive.

This morning, just before writing this review, I went to my account on Google Maps (where I'm listed as a Local Guide) and added Big Tree Hive to the map.

The next time I'm at the Dumaguete airport and in the need for a mango shake, I'll know where to go.



 

No comments: