Saturday, September 12, 2015

Carmelite Monastery of Our Lady of Maravillas. Part One.

Just as one passes the Dumaguete airport on the National Road, there is a small road on the right - sorry, but I don't know the name - where you'll find the Carmelite Monastery of Our Lady of Maravillas.

I don't know for certain when the Carmelite Monastery was built, but a plaque commemorating the 1977 completion of the chapel implies that the Monastery was built nineteen years before.

I recently went to the Monastery to take photographs. I was free to walk about the grounds, as well as inside the chapel. I did not attempt to learn if I would be able to take photos inside the actual Monastery.

Here are six of the photos taken that morning, along with a Google map showing the location. I will add an additional six photos in my next post.



No comments: