Thursday, August 06, 2015

New Blog Theme.



As those who have been here before can see, I've made some major changes to the theme of this blog. It isn't that I had great problems with the old theme - I rather liked it - but I felt that I needed to personalize the background with my own photo. Unfortunately, the theme I was using wouldn't allow for a background photo.

Part of this change is motivated by a need to make some drastic changes with the Dumaguete Website. The site is not "ready for prime time" when it comes to being mobile friendly. Even when viewed on a desktop PC, the website is less than stellar, but it's a disaster when viewd on a mobile device. I'm not a web designer; I know a little html, but when I try to follow Google's advice on making the website more "mobile friendly" I'm in way over my head.

I can't make heads or tails of it.

I own the url www.dumaguetecity.net and I tempted to create another blogspot blog designating that url as the destination. It would involve quite a bit of work......and thinking. The contract with my webhost still has about a year left. There isn't a deadline looming. Just my own sense of aesthetics.

No comments: