Sunday, January 01, 2023

Google Maps Can Be So @#%$ing Lame

Being retired and living the life of Riley, I have plenty of opportunities to indulge myself with various and sundry hobbies. Two of those hobbies are early morning bicycle riding and taking photos of the area to be uploaded to Google Maps. As of this writing, I have uploaded more than 3,400 photos to the website. These photos have received 31.5 million views.

This morning I rode into Dumaguete and thought I'd try to add two locations to Google Maps - the Tinago Canday-ong Bridge and the Banica Bridge #1. I took photos of both bridges, making sure to include photos showing the names of the bridges.

After logging on to the website, I attempted to add the two bridges and I did manage to upload my photos. However, my two edits were not applied. Google could not verify my edits. One would think that sending photos showing the @#$*ing names on the bridges should be verification enough.

Not so.

Be that as it may, I'm including all the photos here. Enjoy.












 

No comments: