Sunday, February 28, 2016

February Updates on the Dumaguete Website




As mentioned in an earlier post, I've had to make some changes involving a web hosting company for my website, dumaguetecity.net.

As I write this, I've published 20 pages highlighting hotels and resorts in the area, and spas in Dumaguete which provide massage services. For the most part, most of the information posted online comes from my earlier website. However, I have added two hotels which were not on the previous incarnation of the Dumaguete website and all the information pertaining to the spas is newly acquired.

One lesson learned from yesterday's mission. At my first stop, I asked for permission to photograph one of the hotel rooms for a website. I was turned down......manager's approval was needed and blah, blah, blah. At the next hotel, I simply asked to see a room and took photos while there - without asking.

Although the themes to the website and this blog "> are similar - and the background photo is identical - there are some differences in the two themes. The area for posting within this blog is narrower than the space in the website posting area. Because of that, I can attach larger Google ads on the website compared to the ads I can post here. I have posted duplicate entries on both locations but have had to adjust the script for the ads used.

Today being Sunday, I won't be making any trips into town for the website. I do plan, however to visit a number of businesses Monday for information and photos. That information will go online probably Monday evening.


No comments: