Saturday, February 07, 2015

Further Modifications.

Yesterday, I began to make changes to the Dumaguete Website following some of the suggestions from Google Webmaster Tools.

After a bit of trial and error, I was able to alter the index page to suit viewers using Androids. I wasn't completely happy with the page as seen from a desktop PC, but I was willing to compromise one for the other.

A problem arose when I looked at the site using Google Chrome, rather than Firefox. The Home page was a disaster.


I had to go back again, and try to make changes that would work on both browsers.

Some of the web pages will be more difficult modifying for viewing on mobiles; particular the pen pal websites. It's recommend that the buttons on a webpage should be large enough to accommodate fingers on a mobile phone screen. That was easy enough on a page with relatively few buttons, but the pen pal page, as it's designed, has 35 buttons.

I'll have to give serious thought to how I'll set up the new page.

No comments: